Welcome!!!

Welcome to my little corner of the universe.



My journey into the world of art began by watching Mom. She could work magic with a bit of paint and a brush. I was fascinated by how she could transform a flat blank canvas into a beautiful work of art. Now, several years later, I'm continuing in the footsteps I followed as a child watching Mom. Thanks for your inspiration and guidance!!!!



"If you don't try - you won't know you can...." Marie (Mom) Janssen






Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Guardian Angel (18 x 24)

Almost there.  Here is progress from this afternoon.  I think the little girl's face is still in need of some work.  Also have to work on the hands of the children and angel.  Other than a couple other tweeks, think I'm just about finished with this. 

 
 In the original painting, the sky is quite dark. The sky I chose for this painting is of a clear, fall day. Unfortunately, the wings of the angel really don't show up very well against the light blue sky. Wonder if I should darken it up and make it a cloudy day???  What do you think???

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I was going to say something about the girl looking frightened, but then I read your previous post. I don't know if the wings not showing up well is really a problem since angels are generally "unseen" anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's another thought that it's a scary world out there which could be the backdrop for a stormy sky...
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete